Kimberly Browning is a Partner at Great Lakes Family Probate & Estates. Kim is passionate about building personal connections with her clients and delivering thoughtful, cost-conscious services.
Kim began her legal career right out of high school in the Theodore Levin Memorial Law Library for the U.S. District Court in Detroit, then working her way through college as a paralegal for large Detroit defense firms. Kim spent more than twenty years assisting corporate clients defend claims in toxic tort and commercial litigation as well as maintain environmental compliance. After graduating from the University of Detroit Mercy School of Law, Kim discovered her passion to provide comprehensive estate planning services to families.
Using her solid legal foundation, Kim has built a practice as one of Southeastern Michigan’s pre-eminent estate planning and elder law attorneys. Kim has helped a diverse profile of clients achieve their estate planning goals. As an elder law attorney, Kim has devised countless plans to maximize the autonomy and independence of seniors facing catastrophic long-term care expenses. Her talent in assisting persons with special needs has helped them to preserve funding and achieve their quality-of-life goals.
She has represented clients in a range of capacities including trustees, beneficiaries, personal representatives, heirs, guardians and conservators in probate courts throughout Southeastern Michigan and the Thumb. Kim believes in providing straightforward, pragmatic legal representation and her clients rely upon her to be their trusted advisor and passionate advocate.
- State Bar of Michigan Probate and Estates; Elder Law and Disability Rights; Family Law Sections.
- Oakland County Bar Association, 2019 Chair of Probate, Estates & Trust Committee
- Woman Lawyer’s Association of Michigan
- National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys
- Selected as a “Rising Star” by Super Lawyers Magazine 2019 and 2020
- Best Lawyers “One to Watch” 2021
- Hour Detroit Top Attorneys, Outstanding Young Women Lawyers in Michigan 2020
- ICLE Contributor
- AVVO Client Choice Award
- Current Developments in Special Needs Laws, LACHES
- Medicaid Eligibility in Michigan Continues to Evolve, Downriver Profile
- Financial Abuse of Our Aging Population (a Three Part Series), Downriver Profile
- State of Michigan
- U.S. District for the Eastern District of Michigan
Outside of the practice of law, Kim enjoys spending time with her family, exploring Michigan’s great outdoors and traveling. She, along with her husband and three children, have vacationed in 49 of the 50 states and is looking forward to visiting the last state once it is safe to travel again. A native Detroiter, Kimberly is a life-long fan of all Detroit sports teams.